Let's face it, dressing girls is really fun. It's really easy to buy and spend too much on them but it is becoming increasingly easier to find cute things at good prices. I've collected ten items that I've found on the Old Navy website, many that are on sale for $15 or less. I think all of these are easily mixed and matched too.
My girls love to wear dresses and skirts no matter what the temperature is. We get lots of use out of them even in the winter by pairing them with either skinny jeans layered under them, fun leggings or with tights.
- This grey cargo skirt is adorable and a great neutral layering piece. I think it's essential to have some good neutral, classic pieces in any wardrobe. In my closet I tend to spend a bit more on these because I know they'll be worn more but with my kids I know that they're going to grow out of them in a season anyway. I would pair this skirt with a chunky sweater and fun black and white stripped leggings or maybe a cute patterned top and a puffy vest with cable knit tights and tall boots.
- Pattern and color are important to add to any outfit regardless of your age. This shirt is a good way to incorporate both in one piece. You can wear this with the sweater (#6) and denim (either skirt or jeans) or you could wear it with the grey cargo skirt and top it with a jean jacket.
- Every little girl needs a jean skirt. I don't think either of my girls have been at an age where they haven't had at least one in their closet. Jean skirts can be worn with so much in any season.
- Tall brown boots are really versatile, wear them under wide leg jeans or over leggings and tights with a skirt. This momma takes comfort in thinking they're an extra layer on tiny legs for warmth
- Fun socks peeking out of tall boots are cute. Kendall and Kate do it and so do I.
- Another neutral layering piece, I keep imagining this with a navy and white wide stripped shirt and jeans. Or you could wear a collared button up and a pink corduroy skirt and fun tights.
- Skinny jeans, enough said.
- These dresses look very Crewcuts to me. On really cold days wear one of these dresses with your skinny jeans and a pair of sparkly TOMS or fun print flats (Kendall wears a pair of cheetah print flats with hot pink lining from Old Navy ALL.THE.TIME).
- (see #8)
- Cute winter coat. Too often our outfit is covered by a winter coat so I think a fun one is in order.
Make sure you take a peek at my post on creating a Look Book for your kids to help them build confidence in dressing themselves in the morning!
Girls Striped Long-Sleeve Henleys / Girls Hooded Cable-Knit Sweater Vests / Girls Fleece Cargo Skirts / Girls Flower-Belt Skinny Jeans / Old Navy Girls Ribbon Belt Jersey Dresses / Old Navy Girls Distressed Denim Minis / Old Navy Girls Faux Leather Riding Boots / Girls Hooded Performance Fleece Toggle Coats | Old Navy / Girls Graphic Tiered Dresses | Old Navy / Girls Patterned Knee-High Socks | Old Navy / Girls Patterned Knee-High Socks | Old Navy