Friday, February 27, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
P.S. I loved the wall color in the new Amo Ink. location (seen through pictures) and that sparked all of this!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
We're due for a Chick's List, don't you agree?
My current favorites are...
I'm loving Diet Ginger Ale mixed with Simply Grapefruit juice. So fresh and caffeine free.
- For lunch I am loving Veggie Burgers (best so far is the Gardenburger brand 'original') on a toasted whole wheat bun with a little pizza sauce spread on it and some laughing cow cheese on top (I spread on the onion flavored). Deee-lish.
- I love decorating. Right now I'm planning my office, new paint a couple new pieces (comfy cozy chair) and red accents. Fun stuff.
- I like these fun decals I would love to get some for the girl's rooms!
- I love this address stamp. It's currently on my wish list.
- I'm excited about picking out my fabric for our summer quilt and bags. I still haven't done it, maybe this week. I know what I'm going to get though...Amy Butler's Midwest Modern 2 line (scroll down to see line--I'm using a different quilt pattern though) . Fabulous!
- I love how pampered this Asquith and Somerset Olive Oil Salt Scrub makes me feel. Note: you can find it much cheaper.
- I love how moving a rug to a new location suddenly makes it a prime play place. This rug was moved from our living room into the foyer and I am constantly finding Kendall and Kate here surrounded by toys.
Now I'm being summoned by the little ladies, gotta run!
Oh, two more things, two conversations I love:
Kendall: Did you wash my black shoes while I was sleeping last night?
Kendall: Why not?
Me: Because I decided to sleep instead.
Kendall: Because you worked hard?
Kendall: You worked hard at the gym?
Me: Well, and cleaning then house, and taking care of you.
Kendall: And sewing, and making bags from fabric?
Me: Yeah, that too.
And last but not least:
Kate: Go bye bye?
Me: No, we're not going bye bye.
Me: We don't need to go bye bye.
Kate: We go bye bye Ke-guh?
Kendall: Not right now, maybe after naptime.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Blog breaks are good for my mental health. Even I can talk about myself and my kids for only so long before I have to take a break. One sided conversations aren't my favorite :P
Friday, February 13, 2009
Yesterday at dinner time Kendall said, "I want to eat the last overs." She wanted the left overs from the night before (flank steak, asparagus, and cheesy orzo). When I was folding laundry she ran to give me a huge hug and thank me for cleaning her Dora socks. She has also become so sweet to Kate, "Oh baby, what is wrong, are you okay, my sweet baby?" Never mind that 2 seconds before she tackled Kate to the ground to get something away from her.
And this one. This one can't speak without pings going through my heart. She repeats anything you say, and especially anything her "Ke-guh" says.
It's going to be a busy weekend. Tomorrow night our awesome neightbors offered to watch the girls for us! Whoo hoo! Sunday I think we will go visit Great Gram so I may not be posting for another couple of days. So HAPPY HEART DAY!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Excuse me while I brag shamelessly about my baby. She is actually usually clearer when she sings this but it's 7 in the morning here.
She is also a bit of a tattle tail. This morning we dropped Kendall off at preschool and then ran up to the grocery store because we are hosting dinner here tonight. I picked out two cookies and put them in a bag (except for half of one that I gave to Kate). We went down a few aisles and I noticed that she hadn't had a bite yet. I asked for a bite and she handed it to me. After taking a small bite I went to hand it back but she wouldn't take it. She kept saying no and pushing it back to me. So I ate it. We finished shopping and were paying for everything when the lady looked at Kate and said, "Did you get a cookie!?" and Kate very clearly stated, "Yesh, Mommy eat it". That little snitch.
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Monday, February 02, 2009
Random musings from the day:
- Today I cleaned the entire house...all four bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming...I even vacuumed out my car. The only thing that stands between me and a clean existence is my office. My cleaning motivation always comes to a screeching halt in this room.
- I am incapable of remembering my cloth grocery bags. They always remain on my passenger seat when I head in for groceries. As I wheel my cart out to the car filled with blue plastic bags I remember them.
- It's funny how your perspective changes. The last two days we have had temperatures up to 40 and I feel like it is downright warm.
- I never want to forget this about Kate: She likes to snuggle right now, she wants you to hold her so she can rest her head on your shoulder and she always tucks her hands between your body and hers.
- At Lorie's house Kate did something (I can't remember what) and Lorie looked at her and said, "You little snot" and Kate looked at me, smiled so big and said rather proudly, "I snot!"
- Kendall and I both have the sniffles right now, her little nose is so red. My sweet little tidy girl for some reason uses a tissue and then proceeds to toss it ON THE FLOOR. This is the kid that will not go to sleep until everything is clean in her room but she throws her used tissues on the floor?!
- I have an irrational fear of birds in large quantities. I love to watch them from our window but I gave many a street person a good laugh by my exuberant over reaction to the flocks of pigeons in Boston. I think people that go into the large bird cages at the zoo are certifiably nuts. I would much rather hold a snake then a bird.
- I'm avoiding cleaning this office by trying to thing of more random things to say.