Tuesday, April 18, 2006



I just tip-toed into Kendall's room to check on her and was kind of shocked by how big she is! Up to this point I haven't been sad at all about her growing up, just excited for her to learn and experience new things. But tonight as I peeked over the edge of the crib and saw her all stretched out it kind of hit me all at once.

Gosh I love this kid. Her personality is really starting to show now and I love it! She is goofy and funny and fun loving. She does fake coughs to get attention (or to mimic people that we pass in a store), she makes silly noises and laughs at herself, she sits down, stands up, sits down, stands up and then laughs at her silliness. Mommying is hard, it requires you to be so selfless, which doesn't always come naturally, but she is SO worth it. I am still excited for her to learn and experience new things but I want to slow down and cherish every little small thing that happens now too and I want to thank God every day, every hour, every minute for allowing me to teach her things and to watch her experience things.
Note: crawling is rough on the knees. We have to wear pants every other day to give them a break, ha

3 comments:

  1. There she is ... all yummy again!!!!! I love this kid too. She only gives kisses when SHE wants to. You can ask and ask and she will ignore you. Then after you give up, she will lean over and give you a great big slobber. Spit on your face never felt so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There she is ... all yummy again!!!!! I love this kid too. She only gives kisses when SHE wants to. You can ask and ask and she will ignore you. Then after you give up, she will lean over and give you a great big slobber. Spit on your face never felt so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute story, Lorie!

    Wow, I'm so glad you and Shannon have your mommy blogs. I'm learning alot. I'm scared about it, but equally excited!! :-)

    ReplyDelete