Sunday, March 11, 2007

Stop the Madness

You know that disturbing scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where they are floating down the chocolate river and they enter this tunnel and suddenly they are speeding out of control and all these images flash on the tunnel's ceilings and walls? I always hated that part. However, it is an accurate example of what my brain does when I'm trying to sleep. It zooms from one thought to the next out of control and it's impossible to fall asleep; images flash and then disappear to be replaced by another completely unrelated image. This lack of sleep combined with crazy pregnancy hormones has created one emotional woman. In the book "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" there is an entire chapter titled "Pregnancy Insanity". Before today I think I have had it pretty much under control but nine months of insanity came out today....poor Brian. If there was a pregnancy insane asylum I think that I would be top on the guest list. However, as a result I'm exhausted and so I'm hoping I'll at least be able to fall asleep tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh..... for a second, I thought you were telling me to stop the insanity of sending you pic after pic of gorgeous little newborns. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Ashley. I'm here for you. If it makes you feel any better, I think I suffer from this brand of insanity even though I'm not pregnant. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete