Monday, November 21, 2011

Upstairs

The kids rooms are all nice sizes. I've posted pictures of Kate's bedroom before.
Aunt Lorie shares this room with Kate when she visits. And I've spent many hours in this bed through thunder storms.

The little patchwork dog on her bed was mine, then it was Alex's and now Kate has it.


Shade your eyes. Kendall's room was like this when we moved in. I had every intention of changing it...and then she saw it, and fell in love. 

The giraffe coat racks in both girls rooms have a special story. Brian's dad had one in his room when he was young. It has been passed down and the girl's received it for Christmas one year. Lin, Brian's aunt, made a second one to match it exactly so both Kendall and Kate could have their own. She makes INCREDIBLE things, I wish I had her talent!

Yes, we organize books by color.


These were my Little Golden Books when I was little, with a few new ones added in.




I really love the kids' bathroom. Hexagon floor tile, subway tile in the bath, beadboard, pedestal sinks, Restoration Hardware fixtures, sigh. Can we take this bathroom with us?

The only thing that would make this better is if it were a "Jack and Jill" bath. Speaking of bathrooms can anyone tell me what a Pullman bath is??


Sadly all the Pottery Barn towels are starting to get grungy looking. I think we'll have to replace them soon. They've been used daily for three years so they've worked pretty hard. 

Master bedroom just down the hall. I hear the sound of little feet going into the bathroom in the morning. Actually I could tell you whose little feet just by sound alone. Jack came home from the hospital and slept next to me in this room in his little cradle. 

These curtains were here when we moved in. I've worked around them instead of replacing them. It's hard to see it but I LOVE that little silver table. The kids love it too, they think it's a drum.

The previous owners did a fantastic job on our bathroom. French doors, marble floors, granite and Restoration Hardware again. 

I have a little confession. See that light fixture in the master bedroom? 2/3 of the bulbs have been out FOREVER. It took us until this weekend to figure out how to change them-it required a wrench. Man our room seems bright now. Why does it take moving to make us do these things?!

Ah, nap time is over. Little Man's room. I picked out the starfish tied to his curtains with Susan, my mother-in-law, when I was pregnant one summer in Ocean City. Susan also cross stitched those prints over his crib.

This room is one we repainted. It was what I would call University of Kentucky blue.
His rocker used to live in Kate's bedroom. It was pink until the girls' preschool teacher recovered it for us.

Alex made that cute hat for us and the Little Engine that Could book was Pop's book. The little buoys were a gift from Aunt Lorie. I love all those little touches that give a room a story. Of course we had to have a Harvard hat from Brian displayed.

Tomorrow we'll cover the basement

1 comment:

  1. Kate still has the monogram blanket! I remember making the Brians hand off little pink bags in the GE parking lot:-)

    ReplyDelete