Friday, December 30, 2005

Kendall




I haven't been blogging because I'm really into a book, "Vanishing Acts" by my favorite author, Jodi Picoult. Here is a line that I really like and relate to:

When you're pregnant, you can think of nothing but having your own body to
yourself again; yet after giving birth you realize that the biggest part of
you is now somehow external, subject to all sorts of dangers and
disappearance, so you spend the rest of your life trying to figure out how to
keep her close enough for comfort.

Brian weighed Kendall yesterday and we were worried that she hadn't gained enough weight so I made an appointment with her doctor today. Brian also wanted to talk to her about Kendall's sleeping habits (short naps, still waking in the night). Turns out she is maintaining her tenth percentile in weight so no worries there but she said I shouldn't feed her in the night when she wakes. Sadness. Teaching her to sleep independently is the hardest thing I've had to do as a mother, quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done!

Back to my book now.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to keep that author in mind, i love a good book! Happy New Year! Kendall is DARLING as ever!!

    ReplyDelete