Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Oh What A Day

So yesterday wasn't such a fantastic day. I know that I must have blown things slightly out of proportion and that my pregnancy hormones may have caused some of it but I had a couple of tearful moments yesterday. We had an appointment scheduled from 8:30-11:30 to have to cable outlets installed. This was a rescheduled appointment because they just failed to show up for our appointment last week. Well, I completely forgot about it until exactly 8:30 when I jumped up and ran to make myself somewhat presentable. I was afraid to take a shower because you know that they would have come as soon as I got all wet! Well, at 11:45 we hadn't seen or heard from them so Brian called. They were about 10 minutes from our house and on their way. Two hours later...still no service man so I called and waited on hold for about 15 minutes while they located him (time now 2:45) I was finally told that they would be at my house by 4pm. At 4:10, crying, I took Kendall and went on one of the errands that I had to do. My gym class starts at 4:30 and I couldn't make it in time so I planned on just going to work out on the elliptical. I get to the gym around 5 and the parking lot is so packed I would have had to hike a mile in 30 degree weather with Kendall to get inside so I just came home. While making dinner at about 6:45 my doorbell rings and low and behold it is the cable guy. He never even missed me when I left the house. Luckily for me (and him) Brian was home by then and I was busy with dinner so I didn't burst into tears at the door. Really just so disrespectful, they made it repeatedly clear that may time was of little value to them.

Today we are getting out of the house because I know that the next two days we will be here at home since Kendall will be recovering from her tube surgery. She is going to get a haircut today and we are going to pick up one last (?) Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment