Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hear Me Roar

Today I did this:



This tree has been slowly dieing for a year and we decided that this spot would be good for my garden. I had a moment today where I was feeling especially strong so I decided to pull it up. Kate sat and watched with a curious look on her face and Kendall stood (so as to not get muddy) and offered both encouragement and suggestions.


"Do you need help?"
"Good bouncing Mommy!"
"Do you need help?"
"Shake your bottom Mommy."
"Do you need help, I need my gloves."



One more Kendallism: She has a little playhouse on our deck and it has a small stove in it that she calls her "cook". "Mommy, get the water off my cook" she is also loving the sand table but my poor little landlocked child keeps calling the sand snow, "AAAAAAAA, I ate the snow" or "There is snow on me, I'm all wet"

2 comments:

  1. Go you! Ashley, Killer of Small Trees.

    I can really see how shaking your bottom would help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you I am planting a garden too? Sunday I bought the seeds and began clearing my plot. Since then I've thought about it a few times, but no major tree removal.

    ReplyDelete