Sunday, April 20, 2008

So You Say it's Not Your Birthday


I saw this idea on another blog and even though it isn't my birthday I still wanted to do it.

28 Things I've Learned About Life and Myself in 28 Years
  1. I love to laugh.....loud.
  2. My kids make me laugh a lot.
  3. Good friends are a blessing.
  4. I'm drawn to transparent people.
  5. God is good.
  6. It is fun and good to look forward to the future but it is better to be content with the now.
  7. TV is a time waster (unless you are watching Survivor which is an education social experiment...as are some other reality shows).
  8. Focus not on the mountain but on the Mountain Mover.
  9. Coming from a huge family is the best.
  10. I'm bad with finances, so it's good that Brian can balance me in this area.
  11. Nieces and nephews still grow up even if you aren't there to witness it.
  12. I actually love to work out, to see what my body is capable of, to see it change and grow stronger.
  13. C-sections aren't that bad.
  14. I don't ever want to stop learning
  15. Doing creative things fills me.
  16. Think about it before you buy it (okay I'm still learning this one).
  17. I'm a list maker
  18. There is still a lot left to experience
  19. I'm happy with the decisions I've made
  20. A hot bath + a good book = a good night
  21. I love my husband
  22. I'm the one that gets toothpaste on the bathroom mirror not Brian.
  23. If you try to sneak broccoli into his food he will know it.
  24. I enjoy Spring Cleaning
  25. Even though I wish it weren't true I am really bad at sending birthday cards and thank you cards but not because I'm not thinking of the person or thankful.
  26. I am blessed beyond measure
  27. My car is never clean
  28. Being a stay-at-home mom is not 'easy' but it is the best job in the world for me.

On the subject of birthdays, this morning Kendall and I were snuggling in bed and I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted and she said, "hmmmm, probably cheese". Ha, after further discussion we decided on a 'picnic party' but maybe we'll have to have some cheese there too.

2 comments:

  1. a cheese party! awesome. I know she is a friend of Justin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. If it's a cheese party then I am totally there!

    Cute list too!

    ReplyDelete