Monday, April 07, 2008

So She Said

Kendall has always had a hard time saying the word "girl" it has always come out really odd sounding, something like "ghurr". About three weeks ago we were in the car and she was talking to me and said 'girl' in a sentence then she said it again and again and finally said, "I can't say that word". I heard her in her seat mumbling trying to pronounce it correctly. We would work on it every few days. I would repeat is slowly and over pronunciate it and she would try and try and try. Well, last week out of the blue she said it correctly. I made a big deal out of it and we kept saying it and now sometimes she says it out of the blue. Like today, I was cooking and she was at the bar and just said "GIRLLLLLL" with a big grin on her face. Then she created a couple of random sentences with "girl". I can tell she is proud of herself.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I am proud of her too!! I love my little GIRLLL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she was so self aware and knew that she wasn't saying it correctly. That is pretty neat, if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly calls Granny, Grinny. I will never correct her. It makes my heart flutter when she says it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM. Coaching her to say it. And that is so stinkin adorable that she said that she couldn't say it. Wonderful. Yay KENDALL!

    ReplyDelete