Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Say What?

So Brian has been out of town since last Thursday. Despite the distance he still surprised me with a couple of 'awesome husband' moments. Yesterday flowers were delivered because it was the anniversary of my baptisim. So sweet. He came home today and on the way home he stopped at the Ralph Lauren outlet and bought each of his girls something. I got a pink Polo shirt and khaki capris. Tonight I tried them on and studied them in the full length mirror for awhile. They are an odd length. I think that they should be a little shorter so that they aren't mistaken as just too short pants. Well, I came downstairs to model them for Brian and he said, "Are they pants for fat people?" Suddenly the sweet husband was no more and I give him the evil eye as we locked eyes and stared at each other for a full three seconds then we both realize that he meant to say something else ("Are they pants for short people?") then there was uncontrollable laughter.

3 comments:

  1. What a SWEET husband!! To surprise you and the girls with gifts....for no occasion....for no reason other than the fact that he loves you guys....that is so AWESOME!!!

    luv ya, paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 AM

    can you let the cuff down?
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 AM

    that's mom...always thinking. I say return them and get pants for skinny people, I mean TALL people.
    k

    ReplyDelete