Friday, September 12, 2008

Working and Playing

You may remember from my Ode to Simple Mom post that I was intrigued by her Home Management Notebook. I actually used one before but had gotten out of the habit. Last night I pulled it all back together again. In addition to my weekly meal planning I'm also going to plan a weeks worth of projects to do with Kendall--one big one each day. It will be our special activity to do together right when Kate goes down for her nap. As Kate gets older she will become more involved too. We all started out at the table today working on our own projects. When Kate was ready for her nap Kendall and I got down to business and made these stamped apple cards. They turned out cute and she had a lot of fun....and I had a lot of fun too. Now we have four cute cards to give to our favorite teachers.

Oh and I wanted to show you a little sampling of the madness that ensues while I try to prepare dinner.


2 comments:

  1. That video is awesome. What a great way to get them ready for naps!

    "Mommy's busy. Go run around the island for a while!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 PM

    The best part is when Kate decides she is going the wrong way on the one way street. Guess she didn't want to meet Kendall head on.
    m

    ReplyDelete