Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another One?!

Just had to share today's Kids Quote of the Day:

The girls and I are watching Mary Poppins for the first time. I love sharing things that I loved as a kid with them. It all started the other day in the car we were listening to kid music when "Spoon Full of Sugar" came on. When it got to the line  about the bird having a "merry tune to toot" the girls laughed so hard they couldn't breathe. To them 'toot' means something completely different.

So on to the Quote of the Day. As you know Mary Poppins is set in London so they have accents. Kendall is watching intently and then turns to me and says, "Does 'pahk' mean 'park'?" Why do they say it like that?" Now she is walking around the house saying, "Mary Poppins is taking us to the PAHK" and giggling.   It cracks me up to hear how well she picks up the accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment