Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Our Day

I love this girl of mine. She's in Kindergarten five full days a week and she, just like me at that age, would really just love to be home with her mom. Ironically Kate goes only four days and never fails to remind me (and often) how much she wants to be at school and how much her friends are missing her when she is home.

Today was the first day back at school and Kendall had to miss. I took her in for some crazy rash all over her trunk that turned out to just be an allergic reaction. He gave us something for that and a SECOND round of antibiotics for a sinus infection that she just can't kick. So she finally got her much wanted day at home with momma.

After lunch we put Jack down for a nap and I went out to shovel the driveway. Kendall bundled up as well and headed out with me. My sweet girl really knows how to turn shoveling into fun. She declared a snowball fight and laughed uncontrollably when I got her right in the face. She then persuaded me to pull out the sled and we took a few rides down the big hill in the backyard and that was some serious fun for both of us. I have never heard her laugh so hard and so long in all my life, just pure intense joy that really did my heart good. I know that if she had been at school I would have shoveled the driveway, probably grumbled over it and then hurried inside. Instead I got to really spend some time with my girl and ended up with sore arms from shoveling and sore cheeks from smiling.

1 comment:

  1. Love this girl and love her Mommy too! Wish I could have been there to hear the giggles and take pictures!!

    ReplyDelete