Friday, March 28, 2008

Birthday Gift


The girls and I had a bit of a shopping spree yesterday. We bought this fun sand and water table for Kate's birthday. We will take it outside this weekend and add the sand and water but for now the girls are having fun playing with it inside.

We also signed Kendall up for wee-ball this week and so we picked up a little set so she can practice. She and I played last night, we have some work to do on the hitting but she is a pretty good catch. She isn't afraid of the ball (yet).


I have a lot to do today. I have to run get some last minute things for the "party" and get the house all cleaned up (really, I'm hoping I can get most of that done when Brian is home on Saturday) and I STILL have to write thank-you notes for those birthday gifts Kate has already received. They're coming everyone but I'm just slow....sorry!!!
Here you see Kendall modeling her new Dora pajamas from Aunt Lorie. I actually need to give Lorie a BIG thank you. Those of you that know me know that I am very opposed to "character" clothing. I don't like things that have a big Pooh Bear or Dora on them. Kendall keeps talking about Dora shoes and I REALLY DO NOT want her to have them and Lorie got her these (which she doesn't wear in public so this is great) and she is happy with these instead. Phew, dodged a bullet there. I know that the day is coming when Kendall being confident in what she is wearing will be more important to me then being able to pick out a cute outfit for her. I'm just trying to hold that day off a little longer while she still doesn't care so much.

1 comment:

  1. I never liked all the character clothing either, but after being at the preschool for so long and seeing all the kids faces when they show me their Dora, or Spiderman (lots of spiderman), or Little Mermaid, or..... They are so darn proud and excited, that I caved a little. Kendall was pointing out a Dora shirt that she wanted, but I steered her to these pajamas. The Dora shirt wasn't that cute, or I confess, she may have gotten that. ha

    ReplyDelete