Wednesday, November 16, 2005

To Have and to Hold


We have officially been married three years today. I heard a quote from Dr. Phil the other day that I really liked, he said that in order to be half of a couple you don't have to give up half of yourself (insert Texas twang). It's nice to be reminded of that every once in awhile. I think that women especially are in danger of giving up all of their self for their families. It's possible that our culture encourages it, we want to be the perfect CEO of our homes like Martha Stewart (maybe that is a really bad example since she is a)divorced and b)a convicted felon but you catch my drift). Regardless, I think it's an important point and one that I have been embracing recently. Maybe that is why The Paper Chick has become so important to me. It's my own, it's time spent doing something that I love and a dream that could come true. So, to Brian: Thank you for encouraging my dream, thanks for not saying anything about the pile of laundry that is sitting on the guest bed while I make cards, and thanks for 'parenting' (it's not babysitting if it's your own child)every so often while I create....and dream. I love you!

Update on progress, I have officially completed one entire framed chicken wire and it looks fabulous, if I do say so myself. Tomorrow I will finish the other and actually put together my 'tablescape' (to quote the Food Network's Sandra Lee). Some of the ladies from Bible Study are going to come to the fair, very cool of them. Speaking of the Bible Study ladies I had a great time lunching with all of them today!



What an amazing group of women, I really enjoy my Wednesday mornings studying with them. They are what I think of as 'transparent' women, they are open, honest, and not trying to hide portions of themselves from you, and I respect that.

Special thanks to Lorie and the family for watching the Little Bug while we dined at the oh so trendy Outback Steakhouse.

I feel like I had so much more to say tonight. I'm sure that I'll think of it later, if so I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment