Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Who are Your 10 Most Fascinating People?

Okay, so tonight is Barbara Walters 10 Most Fascinating People of 2005 and I have to say that the 10 people that she choose (at least the ones that they are revealing) are not nearly fascinating enough to make me want to watch the show. a) Kayne West: he has been in the media one time this year and that was to make a completely idiotic remark about President Bush b) Tom Cruise: More fascinating is why Katie Holmes has decided to marry him c) Dakota Fanning d) Jamie Foxx e)Lance Armstrong (I have to admit I am intrigued by what he is capable of) e) Thomas Meserau (Michael Jackson defender) f) Beth Halloway Twitty: I'm not so against this one because I do think that she is the most real of them all.
What is fascinating to me (or more so troubling) is America's absorption in Hollywood. What is it really that makes us so curious about these people? Honestly, even if we read everything that is printed about them, we don't know them. I will admit that I occasionally read a People magazine but I compare it to rubbernecking at an automobile accident. However, who am I to judge? The person that I find most fascinating drools and thinks it is hilarious when I make stupid noises.

PS I signed up for another art fair that is this Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment