Thursday, September 20, 2007

Rain Drops Keep Falling...


So it's the end of September and Kendall was finally ready to try out the sprinkler. She has been too afraid up until this point but today we were playing on the back porch and I broke the news that we would have to throw away her pool, she just handed me her little sprinkler and told me she wanted to use it. I was a little doubtful so I questioned her, "You want to put on your bathing suit and play in the sprinkler?" Kendall: "Yes" Me: "You're going to get wet?" Kendall: "Yes, I play in the strinkler Mommy" we went on and on like this with me rephrasing the question in different ways just so she was fully aware of what was going to happen and she was relentless. We got the suit on and set up the sprinkler and she was, of course, scared to go in but I wasn't going to give up so easily. I tried various methods of persuasion (I considered threats but I decided against it) and finally pulled up my pant legs, walked over and stuck my foot in the water and just started laughing hysterically. I'm sure the neighbors think I have something mentally wrong with me but the obvious joy I was experiencing was just too much for Kendall to handle and she pranced over and stuck her Croc covered toe in the water. From there it just progressed until she was sticking her face in it and mimicking my deranged laughter. Please note that at the beginning of the summer I was running through the sprinkler fully dressed with her and using the same laughter but it didn't work she was only just now ready.

Yesterday we went to the park with Jennie, Anna, and Baby Noah.


Kate eats well sometimes (and somethings) but sometimes she isn't crazy about the whole baby food idea.

2 comments:

  1. Quit torturing my little baby girl.

    I LOVE the sprinkler pics. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can no longer believe you when you tell me that Kendall doesn't have an entire bathing suit wardrobe. That one even has fall colors for September!

    ReplyDelete