Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Playing and Planning


Blog breaks are good for my mental health. Even I can talk about myself and my kids for only so long before I have to take a break. One sided conversations aren't my favorite :P





We've been going to the gym a lot, the library, visiting Great Gram one time (and Uncle Jeff and Aunt's Jill and Lin too). We had lunch at our neighbor's house yesterday, have I mentioned how we lucked out in the neighbor department when we moved here? Kendall was off school on Friday and again yesterday for various teacher planning days and holidays. We've stayed busy at home playing with play-doh, practicing our cutting and I've been dreaming about Spring. I have big plans. I'm going to start now working on little tote bags for the girls to hold a little outdoor art kit. Drawing pad, colored pencils, water colors...so we can take them out doors in the spring and summer and draw what inspires us and just enjoy the weather. I really want to find a cute quilt, something like one of these for all our picnics and outdoor time. Maybe I'll have to try my hand at making one, we're only half way through the winter. I think I'll have to order the cute fabric though, we don't have a good selection around here. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm liking the idea more and more, I can buy enough fabric to make matching tote bags for our art kits..hmmm, the wheels are turning. Susan, do you want to come hold my hand and walk me through this step by step? :)

First two quilts were found here. And the third is here (love this cute blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment