Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside


It's crazy here. I finally have everything packed and loaded into the car. I have a bag by the back door that I keep dropping things into that I remember. I worry about what I am forgetting. It's not easy to pack your kids up for a two week trip and then pack my self for two different destinations. I'm not going to check any luggage to Paris so I'm trying to be conservative in my choices.

We've been mostly snowed in. Not so much bad roads but cringe worthy temperatures (-25 windchill). The kids were great all week but Friday they hit their limit. We had to get out of the house to get my passport out of the safe deposit box and we stopped at the Dollar Store to pick up some 'prizes' for the drive down. I've divided them all up in paper lunch sacks and will hand them out hourly to each of the girls. We're leaving at lunch time some I'm planning on some driving time while they sleep, say some prayers for me!!
This week this little activity has provided HOURS of entertainment for Kendall. These are little dry erase markers and a piece of paper in a page protector. She sat at the bar multiple times this week for long periods of time just writing and wiping it all off.

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea for the wipe off paper....will have to remember that one. You guys have a fun, safe trip. Your girls will have a great time with Aunt Lorie!! Godspeed...love, paula

    ReplyDelete