Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Sending Out an S.O.S.

Not really, we're fine. BUT....I packed up everything last night with the intent of leaving today. Last night at 3am we heard a loud noise. The ice on the trees was just too much and it pulled the power line to the house down. That wouldn't keep me here except that it pulled it down across the driveway. We're trapped here without electricity and John is even out of town. But don't feel bad for us because we are super women (plus we have CJ who is a big help)! The generator is going, we've hauled massive amounts of fire up to the house and the fire is roaring. Lorie's pantry is usually overflowing so we're getting creative with the meals. We're doing okay. Evidently it's pretty bad between here and home so I'm nervous about going home at any point! We'll just stick here until we feel safe.

I'll try to keep you all posted, be safe!

1 comment:

  1. We have power, heat, and food. Are you close? I can bring you guys food, wine, and any other black-out necessities :-)

    ReplyDelete