Friday, January 02, 2009

Oh Baby

The need for a little baby has kind of sky rocketed lately and it has nothing to do with Kendall's requests for a little brother. Actually, I'm not completely convinced that the need is there but I have been noticing tiny widdle babies everywhere and missing that stage. It's not going to happen, not a good time at all. I do not want to have three kids living in a tiny Paris apartment and I really don't want to have a tiny widdle baby in Paris either (subways and strollers, wake up calls for all the neighbors...).
Anyway, I thought of a way to quench that baby need. Today Kendall and I fell in love with this little guy. I can not even explain to you how adorable this fella is. He was just separated from his Momma yesterday, he is so tiny (and widdle). He's a little Yorkie, seriously, how cute are they!? We're still working on Brian. My brain goes to cuddling on the couch and cute little doggy sweaters and Brian's brain goes to pee on the floor, chewed up NEW furniture, middle of the night potty training, and of course the hefty price tag this little full bred is hefting with him. Oh, he also mentioned a fear of what Kate would do to such a fragile little puppy. Actually, Kate was there looking with us. She is my doggy lover but she showed ZERO interest in him. I had to call her over and make her pet him, and even tried to let her hold him (while sitting) but she just didn't want anything to do with him really. Kendall was so sweet and gentle and has been telling Brian how the puppy is looking for a good home and how he is scared because he misses his mommy. What a good little mommy she is.
On a completely unrelated note. Operation Healthy Chick made an attack today. I have put off going to a gym class since our move due to being intimidated by being the new girl. I jumped in with both feet today; I tackled the scariest class of them all (to me)-- Cardio Kickboxing. I wouldn't even do this class when I was working out 4 days/week. But I totally kicked butt and stuck with all the 'high intensity girls' in the class. Conquered my fear of joining the new classes too.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    I don't want to burst your bubble, but...we dog sat one of those cute "widdle" Yorkies over Christmas break. Eight month old Charlie was pretty cute at first but believe me not so cute when he kept raising his leg on everything. The walls, chair legs, and the trash can to name a few. My comforter, curtains, and the christmas tree to name a few more. You know I love dogs and I think everyone should have one but maybe you should rethink this one. (The smaller dogs seem to be harder to potty train.)
    Love,
    Spot Cleaning in KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Aw, give the widdle guy a chance. He looks pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh puleasssse Brian, let the girls have a puppy!!!! It really is all about the cuddling and cute sweaters. I highly recommend a Maltipoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog will be 4 in March and I was scrubbing the carpet in my underwear at 4am this past week. Of course, mine pees b/c she hates the baby. But, still.

    Cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These comments are cracking me up! Um, "Spot Cleaning in KS" you are hilarious. Terri--thanks for the visual :) wake up calls from the new baby and the doggy, so sorry! Thanks for the encouragement for Brian Nicole, I'll be sure to enlist you to help when I really do want a dog, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you wearing tennis shoes and sweat pants in these pictures? Paris may not appreciate this wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my own defense, I had just come from the gym. These sweat pants are on top of my cute little work out pants..can't have exposed ankles in these freezing temps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey! i suggest a widdle adopted doggie that is alweady potty twained. i totally understand that it isn't your time for this, though. its a big responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. i failed to mention that this is one of the cutest widdle goggies i have ebber seen. eeeeee!

    ReplyDelete