Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Chick's List

It's been awhile since we had a Chick's List so here is a list of current favorites:

We've been cleaning a lot today so we'll start off with favorite cleaning product (exciting, I know). Mr Clean Magic Eraser makes my least favorite cleaning job (the glass shower door) more manageable.


Next (and this is not for the weak of will power) is my current favorite ice cream. Someone told me about this awhile ago and I just recently tried it out. Hagen Daz, Dulce de Leche ice cream. "A delicious combination of caramel and sweet cream, swirled with ribbons of golden caramel." Oh, I just love it, I can't resist it and I may have to go buy more now.


Following the sinfully delicious ice cream is a favorite pair of work out pants. Found at Target these C9 Champion stretchy black pants are super comfortable with a waist that is high enough that I don't worry about exposure when I work out. They are cotton so I don't feel sweaty in them but they are warm enough that I don't have to wear sweat pants over them to run from the car to the gym. I can't find them online but here they are with my favorite 'wear to the gym' jacket. It's Banana Republic, fitted, zip up with cute little pockets.
Favorite magazines. Plural because I love magazines. Scrapbooking: Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks My style tends to lean more to the Simple Scrapbook style but my favorite scrapbooker (Ali Edwards) writes a column for Creating Keepsakes so I would get it for that alone but they always have inspiring stuff anyway.
General: Real Simple Beautiful type, beautiful layouts, beautiful photos, interesting and helpful articles.
Child related: Wondertime. All of the above beautiful comments apply to this magazine as well. It really appeals to me on a visual level but the content is very helpful for this stage in my life and best of all a subscription is only $10!!
Moving on, current favorite bibs (aside from my own of course) Super Bib from One Step Ahead. We go through about 300 bibs a week, maybe that is an exaggeration. Each meal requires a new bib but these are great because you just wash them off in the sink and hang them up and they are ready by the next meal.
I could do a lot more but I'll just include one last one. Favorite online shopping site for artist work is Etsy. All kind of homemade goodness going on here in all kind of price ranges. Jennie and I each bought the others Christmas presents from here. But, we have yet to exchange them (my fault) so I won't tell you what we got each other.

4 comments:

  1. I love how Kendall is IN the toy box.

    And Kate is surrounded by all the toys, she is almost lost in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Hi Ashley! As always, I love reading your blog. Your "favorites" list also shows me how much we have in common...which isn't really surprising considering the whole double-cousin thing. Ha! I can't wait to try that ice cream. When a craving for good food comes along, it can really stink living this far away from a store!!! Do you think Aunt Bev carries that brand? ;o)
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee, I brought Leslie out of lurkdom. I can't believe that I have cousins that live somewhat close that have young kids that I still never see. We need to get together sometime. I think when it gets warmer I'll have a cookout to try and lure you guys down here. Also, the big consignment sales (for kids) are coming up in March. Awesome, name brand clothes for good prices. Let me know if you want to come and I'll get the information to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's official. I can never go to the gym with you looking all cute like that. I look like I just rolled out of bed...in an ironed shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete